Your career at Finlandia
Welcome to the ultimate retail destination to find employment in the natural health industry in Vancouver. Do you have an interest in health, herbs, vitamins, or supplements? Join other career-minded people who have successfully combined their passion for the industry with a challenging, fun and rewarding job. Job opportunities in the natural health industry are growing. Finding a career and working in our industry goes hand-in-hand with sustainable, positive choices that benefit the individual and our environment. Your passion to work here, combined with your education and other skills, will give you the opportunity to become one of our team members. And remember – It is not a job. It is a passion.
Herbal Department Assistant Manager
Finlandia’s Herbal Department is looking for a Herbal Department Assistant Manager. You will be working with the Herbal Department Manager on a day-to-day basis and learn how to coordinate one of Vancouver’s busiest herbal departments.
Job Type: Full time position
Set Days: Tuesday-Saturday
Hours: 8 hours per day
Pay: Discussed upon interview
- Customer service: knowing our customers’ needs and ensuring that they are directed to products, custom formulations from compounding, or referred to Finlandias’s ND’s and clinical herbalists via our herbal staff.
- Supervising and training the herbal staff in dispensary procedures and customer service practices.
- Responsible for staff scheduling
- Product Training: delivering product information to Finlandia staff
- Aiding in regular staff duties to ensure procedural efficiency
- Communicating with professionals, public, and colleagues
- Formulation and compounding of a full range of herbal products
- Overseeing product packaging and labeling
- Inventory control, record keeping/filing/data entry
- Tincture inventory, ordering, organization, stock analysis, other product ordering and receiving
- Good herbal medicine making skills
- Excellent communication skills with staff and customers.
- Detail oriented. We keep detailed records of information.
- Comfortable with custom formulating and compounding
- Able to liaise with doctors, health care professionals and general public
- Able to multitask
- Familiarity with some medical terminology an asset
- Familiarity with general herbal dispensary procedures an big asset
- Friendly and professional attitude
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Basic computer skills required (MS Word, Windows, Excel)
- Comfortable in a small, busy environment
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Note that Herbal Medicine experience is required. We look forward to hearing from you!
To submit your resume, please fill out the following form: